Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Toothless

A very exciting day has come for our sweet Sidney. She lost her very first tooth! Not too long ago she first showed us that wiggly thing, actually claiming to have TWO wiggly things. We reminded her that it's ok to eat (and swim and play and sleep) with a loose tooth. Then we reminded her that although it would bleed, it wouldn't really hurt when she lost her tooth. (Five year olds can be such nervous little beings and Sid is no different). So she wiggled. And wiggled. And wiggled. She had a dental cleaning this past week where her dentist informed me that she did, in fact, have two loose teeth! Going on to say her guess is the second will be about 3 weeks behind the first. However, she warned us it could pop out this week, or be another YEAR! So we weren't really expecting a visit from the tooth fairy this week! I got a big surprise last weekend when Ryan was out of town golfing. The girls piled in my bed to sleep and at 4am, Sidney taps my shoulder giving me a toothless grin and showing me her tooth laying in her tiny 5 year old hand. She was beaming with excitement! She asked if she should put the tooth under her pillow...um, not at 4am sweetie! She was so proud that she went to wake Regan and share her news, thankfully I stopped her before she tapped her shoulder too! 
Congratulations Sidney! 
We are so proud of you! 

No comments: