Sunday, July 06, 2014

Friends

Sidney (and Regan too) have some awesome friends I tell ya. And what's even better, is that those friends have some awesome parents (and families). It amazes me how their circle of friends has grown over the past several years as they get older. And I thank my lucky stars that they've picked some wonderful people to share their days with! 
Our city has their 4th of July celebration on the 3rd (brilliant!). So this year, after a full day of work/school, we headed over to one of those dear friend's house for a grill out before walking down to the celebration/fireworks display.
Sidney had been counting down the days until July 3rd for weeks! Boy was she super happy to spend the evening with her two besties...and I'm glad they included Regan too. 

After a couple of hours jumping around on inflatables, we gathered at our viewing spot. It was a lot easier keeping the kiddos happy while we waited for the fireworks, when we had a group of friends to lounge around with, giggle with and chit-chat :) I think our group filled up 6 huge blankets plus the surrounding grass....I can't begin to tell you how great these people are!

And the firework display? 
Top-notch. 
For 25 minutes the show went on and on. Lincoln woke up just as the first one shot into the sky and he stayed mesmerized throughout the entire display. The incredibly loud booms didn't rattle his new hearing and he patiently sat on my lap as we oooed and ahhhhed. 

No comments: