Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lake Harriet

Despite having to dig out the sweatshirts in the middle of July, we're making the  most of this stay-cation week. Yesterday we ventured down to Lake Harriet to take in all it has to offer. This time it was a picnic lunch, meeting new friends on the playground, and a snack near the water.

To the girls, it never gets old just sitting on the edge and watching the ducks. We reminisced about the time that Regan dropped her shoe in the lake (notice in the picture below that they are well behind her this time!), and then we giggled about the time that Ryan dropped my camera in the lake!! Slipped right from his fingers. 

Yes, it's chilly for July, but we're making more memories. 


Lincoln is quite under the weather, and we had just left the pediatrician's office. He gladly let me push him in the swing while the girls played at the playground. Within 15 minutes, he was sound asleep. 


As I was taking some pictures of the girls, a wonderful lady offered to include me in the photo op. We took her up on the offer (even though I was not exactly picture ready!), because it's not often that I actually get IN the picture with all 3 kids! Thank you to this stranger!


My dearest Regan was climbing around like a crazy lady and saw me pull out the camera. She quickly posed (for all of 10 seconds) and let me snap a few of her with the wonderful green trees as her back drop. Oh how we love a (usually warm, often muggy) Minnesota summer. 


No comments: