Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Dentist visit

I took the girls to the dentist yesteday.
It's always an exciting trip :)
Their teeth look great. Miss Regan went first. Eager to hop in the chair, picking mint as her cleaning flavor (that's my girl!) and get x-rays taken. She did remarkably well, no cavities! And her 6 year molars are well on their way to coming in. She has 2 more loose teeth and was encouraged to wiggle wiggle wiggle!
Next it was Miss Sidney's turn. She squirmed in my arms a bit, needing some reassurance that this wasn't going to hurt and she was going to have all of the fun that Regan just had. She bravely climbed into the chair, all on her own this time (last time she sat on my lap). Regan on one side, me on the other, coaching her through this experience, holding her hand and reassuring her. Regan got to play around with the controls on the chair, making Sidney go way up high and tilting her way back, they want one of those at home!
The staff managed to get x-rays....from a 3 year old! Something they tell me is pretty rare. We saw all of her adult teeth, ready to make their debut in the coming years.

And eventually, she slowly fell apart. The tears started and she just wanted it to be over. Thankfully we were minutes from finishing and she held on while they wrapped up.
I'm so proud of my two brave girls!

No comments: