Thursday, April 14, 2011

Strong-willed

Our sweet, lovely Sidney can be described as incredibly strong-willed. Don't get me wrong, she is sweet, loving, friendly and down-right nice; but she can change on a dime! That's a 2 year old. This morning, our scenario went something like this:
Me: "Time to get dressed Sidney".
Sidney: {runs away}, screaming "NOOO!", the start of a tantrum. Proceeds to tell me "I don't want to wear that".
Me: "Ok, you pick out your clothes".
Sidney: {doing her best at procrastinating}, dawdling in front of the closet.
Me: "How about this one?, or this one?"
Sidney: "No, I want THIS one".
Me: "Ok, let's get dressed".
Sidney: "NOOOO!" tantrum goes into full blown.
Me: {no time to waste, just dress her}
Sidney: "I don't want to wear this, I want to wear THAT" {pointing at an outfit I had picked out earlier}.

By this time, I was out the door, leaving her to finish her tantrum.
Bad idea.
Sidney proceeded to shut her bedroom door and...get this...locked herself in!
Let's just say I was a good 30 minutes late for work this morning because after she eventually got out, I decided it was a rough enough morning to warrant a trip to Caribou.
Oh my dear strong-willed child. Someday that trait will take you far in life, but for now, it is causing your mommy a huge headache!
No matter what, LOVE you to pieces!!!

No comments: