Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sidney melting my heart

My sweet sweet Sidney is at it again. The things that come out of her mouth can sometimes turn me into a puddle. She can be so adorable and loving and then so smart as if to say "I'm listening to every word you say". Here's a bit of what I heard out of her mouth recently, not so melting my heart. Keep in mind that Ryan can have a wee bit of a potty mouth when things surprise him (or sometimes when he spends too much time with Shane). Remember this post?
Scenario: Regan ran into the house from the deck, tossed her shoes off, completely missing the rug.
Sidney follows close behind, sits down to take off her shoes and glances over at Regan's shoes while uttering "put your frickin' shoes on the rug".
Sounds a bit like Ryan; word. for. word. But hey, it's a step up from the other word!
Love you sweetie; even if you do have a bit of a potty mouth like your daddy!
And then she comes home with things like this from school, where the teacher asked her to fill in the blank "I love my parents because....". Clearly showing us that (good or bad), she's going to do (or say) what she pleases.
Because she wants to.

No comments: