Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekend in review

The girls and I took a trip down to Grandma Jan/Papa's house for the weekend. With the crazy rain/sleet/snow weather that was coming, we left early and spent some extra time hanging out, playing, baking, shopping and loving up on each other. The bonus, my dad has a tendency to wake each morning by 6am....perfect match to the kiddos of the family :) That meant, this mama caught up on some much needed sleep. Thanks Papa!

My parents hosted the Schugel Family Christmas party Saturday and the girls were all dolled up in their sweater dresses. 
 Sidney was THRILLED that the dresses were short-sleeved. Have I mentioned she has a preference for summer clothing? First thing she does when she walks in the door is take off her socks. She gets giddy when she gets to wear short sleeves in the winter and as you've noticed, she won't wear winter PJ's for the life of her. 

Dearest Pinterest gave us the idea to make mint chocolate chip cookies. 
Y-U-M! 

I'm quite certain that Ryan isn't bummed he missed out on this cookie delight! My cousin, Joey, however, walked out of the Christmas Party with a stack of these cookies in a cup like they were Sweet Martha's at the State Fair! 

Regan loved 'em too, and made sure I didn't let Joey take all of them with him!
Thanks for a great weekend mom and dad! 

No comments: