Monday, December 17, 2012

Germany 2012

Ryan has spent the last week running around Germany, having a wonderful time (insert one totally jealous wife but clearly not holding it against him as I was the one who encouraged the trip!). We are very happy to have him home, but very happy that he got another experience under his belt. Ryan's close friend, Paul, moved to Germany roughly 10 years ago, and this was Ryan's 3rd trip to visit him. 
He's always apprehensive to travel without me, and I'll take that as his way of saying 'thanks' for always safely getting him where we intend to go! He did great navigating through the airport and Paul was right on time so the trip started out well. 
I can't give you much explanation of these pictures, because the lovely husband is in a deep slumber after being awake close to 24 hours. 
But, here's his trip in iPhone pictures (his only camera), with a few captions that I know about: 

Raphael (Paul's friend who Ryan met during his last trip) Paul and Ryan
This was at a brewery, and yes, all those beers lined up behind them were for those 3. 
Needless to say, when people would ask me "what is Ryan doing in Germany?", my response was "drinking!". 


These pretzels are everywhere, this particular yummy looking thing was from a bakery. And to be honest, my mouth waters just looking at it. 
Even if there is a beef stick touching it!
Oh how I wish he could've brought one home for me.

He was super excited to show me this picture....see the word up there?
Ulm. 
No, they didn't go. They were Munich bound...

BMW...

They toured around Munich for a day, courtesy of Paul's uncle who lives there. I think this is something like the Munich Space Needle. 

Finding the highest point in a city is key, I'm soooo glad they got to go up here and view the city. Awesome!

I believe this is one of the beautiful churches. 
Breathtaking. 

Good Lord. 
You and I are seeing this picture for the first time together.
I've got nothing. 
Other than to say this picture was likely meant for Shane. 

Oh this one is nice too Ryan. Thank you for taking it, but thank you even more for not sending me this while you were away! That is one scary looking fish.

Again, another church in Munich....Love. Love. Love it.

But alas, he made it to the Hofbrauhaus and apparently picked up a waitress...wonder if I wasn't supposed to find this picture?!

His one request for this trip: Hofbrauhaus. He wanted to experience the beer, the food and the atmosphere. I think it lived up to every expectation he had. 

Ooooo, see!? They are even pretty at night! 

His last night there, he had to babysit Niklas for about an hour. They sent me this picture....
 And the girls and I sent this one back to them in return!
I'm so glad he had a great trip, the girls are sad to lose their spot in our bed, but we are all very happy he's home safe and sound. 

No comments: