Saturday, June 02, 2012

Fridays with Sidney

Yesterday was my last day to hang solo with Sidney. Next week, Regan will finish up her first year of school and join us for the summer. We're pretty excited to have her home. 
But I'm going to miss the one on one time with Sidney too. 
She's such a character. At 3 (and a half...she never lets us forget the 1/2), she is active, entertaining and lacks a love of sleep :( In fact, today she woke just after 6am after having climbed into bed at 8:30 last night and not falling asleep until after 9pm some time. The other night, as I laid Regan down, I commented how Sidney was still chattering away in her bed in the next room. Regan replies "that is why I told her she can't sleep in my bottom bunk! It's just chatter chatter chatter out of her!". 
Oh but look at that sweet face with the crazy hair; it's a good thing she's so cute. 
 Each Friday we have a few things that need to be done, and then it's off to some play time or volunteering with Regan's school. Some of Sidney's most favorite things to do lately are playing with her American Girl Doll (this is an activity she prefers to do solo, "don't watch mom!"), eating, playing outside, eating, reading stories to me or a group of dolls or to herself, eating, playing on our iPhones and did I mention eating.
She's quite good at pumping and getting herself to stay moving on the swing but loves to get a push "high up into the sky!" 
 Ah yes, the eating. I swear she has a tapeworm. It is constantly "I'm hungry" out of her mouth. Some nights while we are cleaning up dinner, she announces "I'm hungry". It's been a difficult process to teach her hunger versus boredom. If we would give her food every time she's "hungry", the girl would weigh 400 lbs by now. Thankfully most often she asks for a piece of fruit when she's hungry, and yesterday it was watermelon. 
The juice dripped from her chin as she ate piece after piece. Welcome summer!

No comments: