Thursday, June 07, 2012

That's a wrap!

Today officially marks the end of the school year. 
We now have a first grader! 
How in the world did that happen so fast? 
I think the picture on the left tells a thousand emotions, just look at her nervous hands, her sweet innocent and apprehensive smile. 


As I wrote one last thank you message to her lovely teacher this afternoon, I teared up thinking how much I am going to miss kindergarten. You know, where everything is all lovely and cozy and wonderful. 
Today when Regan and I snuggled up and talked about her last day I asked her how she was feeling. Her response: "sad". I prompted her to continue and she said just what I was feeling: "I'm sad because I will miss  my teacher". 


She came home to this gigantic sign plastered against the garage door....yes, I got a little carried away with end of the year fun. 


 It was a wonderful June afternoon and to celebrate a few extra hours together, I took the kiddos into the pool... and watched Regan tip over countless times on this piranha.
Later she looked at the box, and said "hey mom, it says 'no-tip', but it should say 'it will tip'!! 
I love that this little girl can read now. Love love love it! 


 And she's pretty excited about all that she has learned too. Welcome to summer sweetie, you've earned it!


No comments: