Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day 2012

Father's day 2012 started out with a relaxing trip to Lake Harriet for a picnic lunch and streetcar ride. I documented it via pictures of course, so here we go.

The girls just love to dance around inside the bandshell overlooking the lake. They were able to do just that before lunch when the band arrived to set up for their next show.

We laid out our blanket and hung out, taking in life around us. Thankfully, the girls are still at an age where it's "cool" to be seen with your parents :)

Sidney's expressions can tell a story. She shows happy and joy as quickly as she shows disappointment and fear. Today, she spotted a crane sitting near a duck and screamed "LOOK!! it's a huge duck!". She was sooooo excited!
Love her.

Her snuggles up close to Ryan were priceless. Lately, he has started to tell me "I think she finally likes me!". In all honesty, she has loved him all along, but her preference is mom. She's starting to warm up to him and one night even asked him to put her to bed....though a few minutes later asked me to go through the process again :) We'll take what we can get!


 I was so busy taking pictures of Ryan with the girls that when we boarded the streetcar, I finally asked for one of me with the girls.
 We hope he had a lovely Father's Day hanging out with us (and for the record, he golfed yesterday so he said he wanted to spend today with us....awww, what a nice guy!).


No comments: