Saturday, June 02, 2012

Olympic Day 2012

Yesterday was Olympic Day at Regan's school. Each grade spent the day outside doing various stations of games, relays and activities. I volunteered my afternoon and hung out with her and her buddies, helping them obtain grass stains, sun tans and a few giggles. 
 My station was the crab walk, which by the way is not an easy task! The kids had to race to the cones in a crab-like-fashion. I was at the finish line for much of the afternoon and countless kids were heard saying "that was hard!" as they collapsed onto their backs. Funny how I heard much less complaining out of the kindergartner's as compared to the 5th graders!
 Most of the afternoon I caught Regan hanging out on the grass, laughing with her classmates, rolling around on the grass and not paying an ounce of attention to the event in front of her. I thought about having a chat with her about her behavior, and then I flashed back to my own "track and field day" from elementary school and remembered doing much of the same. Instead I got down to their level and grabbed a few pictures. After-all, this was their fun day!

No comments: