Friday, October 16, 2015

MEA week

Our kiddos are blessed with 3 extra days off at MEA each year (somehow our schools didn't get the message that MEA is only 2 days). I opted to take off work to spend some extra time with them this week. We all know that life can run more smooth when there's an activity in place for the day, so I had a few options in mind. 
We made an impromptu visit over to Stillwater one morning. I text Ryan a picture and he replied "where are you!?". 

Stillwater has this really fun park-Teddy Bear Park, with several sculptures of bears but even more fun places to play and explore. 

Lincoln loved the slides. Over and over he would say "side" (add an L). He had a great time climbing the stairs and sliding down again. 

 The park is basically carved out of this wall of rock.
Seriously. 
How cool! 
I had to take a picture from the distance to show just how massive the rock/hill is. Regan helped Sidney up and then back down again, all the while, they were solving the world's problems as they climbed. I loved listening to them :) 

Nothing tops this hair-do, with too many trips down the slide and standing up tall from electricity! 

I couldn't drive all the way to Stillwater and not take in the river. Despite the wind, the kids were all up for a walk along the river and a few photo ops. 
(don't get too worried mom, I'm sure Sidney was never close to falling in as she leaned way over.....)

We saw several families getting professional pictures taken. What a great location for family pictures! The old historic buildings nearby, the water, the trees, it was beautiful!

I need to just pause and remember this phase we are in. Lincoln is the master snuggler. I mean, nothing compares. Each evening, just around dinner time, if I have the opportunity to lay down on the couch, he will climb up on me and just snuggle, watching the bustle around him. I wish I could take the time more often, but there are hungry kids and homework to be done, but I'm sure getting better at taking a few minutes to snuggle. Because this phase will not last forever! 

We opted to spend another day at Como Conservatory/Zoo. 
The girls are growing tired of this, but they agreed and were reminded that Lincoln hasn't been to the zoo nearly as many times as them. 
And gosh darn, aren't they cute in that sunken garden!

Ryan was totally bummed that he couldn't come along; seeing as though it was feeding time and these fellas are his ultimate favorite! 

It was quite chilly around the zoo and we were all bundled up as we walked from building to building; all of the animals had been moved inside due to the overnight temps. 

This guy does not care one bit about cooler temps! He was playing in the water, climbing out and jumping in, and swimming up close to the window. We loved the show he was putting on!

I love finding adventures around town with these three in tow! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ: why would that railing be so low. Freaked me out when I saw her leaning over so far. Errrr!!!!!! Glad you had fun though. Looks like a funn park.