Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Fall photo shoot 2015

Every year, since Regan was 1, we have sought out a local park which holds my most favorite tree in the whole metro area. The thing is spectacular. The colors it produces are out of this world, vibrant and beautiful. Sometimes we catch it too soon, other years almost too late. This year, I had a very close eye on it, especially over the last 10 days. The first time we visited, it was still bright green! Much too early. The next was a quick drive by, and the girls were giddy because we could see some changes. 
So today, after work, my  mom and the kiddos met me at the park so we could capture some pictures on a beautiful fall afternoon. 
And our favorite tree, was perfect golden yellow. You can't see it on this picture, but the tip was red. And between the two colors, it was orange. I'm telling you, this thing is a beauty!

The park in general is probably 4 city blocks square and just filled with trees. This year, they seem to be changing colors at an odd pace, all of them on their own schedule. Historically, they would all be changing pretty close to one another. But today, some of the leaves are still green, while others are brown or bare. 
The girls are quite used to this photo shoot op and were very cooperative today, and I was in love with their impromptu "here mom!".  

Lincoln did great too. I have probably 50 pictures from our afternoon and their reward was a trip under the canopy of trees over to the playground. I'm pretty sure Lincoln was checking out the local traffic and "trucks" while I tried to take this picture. Oh this boy and his trucks! 


Here is a picture from every year 2007-2015 all in the exact same location.
the memories; those kiddos are growing up at such a fast pace! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ: Oh my, how the time has flew by.