Sunday, October 04, 2015

Keeping it real

I want to be able to look back in 5 or 10 years and remember what it was like to be in the thick of this whole parenting thing. With 3 kids at young ages, we often find ourselves in some odd situations, or darting in 2 different directions. This past weekend, we were able to go with the girls' softball association to the Twins night game. Our first thought was: FUN! Our second thought was: oh boy. Kind of like "what were we thinking?!". 



Lincoln sat nicely on my lap or in the seat next to me for about 45 minutes. He took it all in and adored TC Bear. And then things got interesting. He started jumping on my lap like I was a human trampoline. Up, down, up, down. Arching his back so that his head met mine, giggling all the while. By this point, I had completely lost interest in the game anyway. The girls were doing fairly well, with only minimal "hey mom, can I have _____". So I took Lincoln out for a walk on the concourse leaving Ryan with his beer and the girls....and a giant helmet of nachos! 


We ran into Leigha and Craig and as we chatted, Lincoln scaled my body like I was a human jungle gym. I mean, c'mon kid! I didn't bat an eye and just kept on chatting, but at some point, I'm sure those who don't have kids have to wonder "how in the world do you just keep on talking when your kid is climbing all over you?!"


He was most content starring at the Light Rail go past Target Field and in the end, I was happiest watching that over the game as well. You know why?, because he let me just hold him normally! Love you little man. Thanks for all the fun :)


No comments: