Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Birthday eve

Tonight, we reminisce over the last year (or two) with our sweet Lincoln. I can't help but do a little reflecting on the days that led up to his birth. Our little baby was cozy (and big) and had zero intentions of coming out on his own. No matter what we did, he wasn't about to budge and was only getting bigger. 
My mom snapped this picture the evening before he was born. When I felt that I could hardly move any longer and had resorted to resting my water cup on my big round belly. Where it would stay provided he didn't kick!


We are all very thankful that we decided to schedule his birth, because once my water broke (already in the hospital), he came out within 45 minutes. My sweet nurse (who happened to have once worked with me on my unit at the hospital) kept begging me to wait for the doctor! He came out purple, but we were assured over and over that it was only bruising because of his quick delivery. The unedited version of this picture looks twice as bad as this one below, he was really really purple!  
But oh so sweet! 


And now, just two short years later, he is a: 
wild
rambunctious
energetic
sweet
snugly
adorable
funny
loving
toddler! 

I'm lucky enough to have him all to myself on his 2nd birthday tomorrow (I made up my own law long ago that we shouldn't have to work on our kids' birthdays)! The presents are ready and I'm ready to love him up all day :) 
Happy birthday eve Lincoln! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ: Happy Birthday Lincoln. You are all those things your Mom mentioned and more. Love you more every day.