Sunday, October 04, 2015

Hyland Ride the chair lift

The annual ride the chair lifts was held this past weekend. I think we have gone every single year for at least 8 or 9 years with the exception of last year (not held due to construction of a new chalet). 
It's something we look forward to each fall and this year was no different. 

The ride up the chair lifts is a favorite for the kids. We rode it twice and the girls darted back down with some friends for a third ride (ride up, walk or run down). 



Once at the top, the weather was much chillier and the kiddos immediately asked for hot chocolate. While Ryan distracted Lincoln in another area, I helped the girls get settled near a fire pit to enjoy their drink and a cookie. 

After taking in some birds from the local raptor center and playing a few games, we went for a hike in the woods. Sure wish they could time this annual event better with the changing of the colors, but we'll take what we can get. 
I just love how Lincoln is posing with his "snacka" of "chipas". 
I have about 10 pictures of this and he is posing the same in each one!

I couldn't resist the lighting in the woods and was snapping pictures like crazy. Regan took a hand at my camera and put me in front of the lens instead of always behind :) 


During one of the trips down the hill, the kiddos took a little extra time to roll/fall/lay down. The grass was so thick and made a cozy spot to relax. 
I think Lincoln adored this annual outing and is just as eager as the rest of us for next year! 

I think Sidney's shirt says it well, I just LOVE this family of ours :) 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ: looks like a fun time. Nice job by Regan taking that picture. Good job.