Friday, February 01, 2013

This n That

It's been a busy week. and a fairly stressful one too. 
Between work, home and activities, sometimes I'm not certain if I'm coming or going, up or down. 

I started painting the 'open concept' of our house which is the largest area to master. One room runs into another and it just feels like it goes on forever. But it had to be done, the previous paint was not washable and didn't handle four hand prints very well. About 7 walls down and 2 to go, I moved into a second gallon of paint only to realize the next morning it wasn't a perfect match and looked hideous. Lovely waste of time. 

We bought new dining room chairs (courtesy of the grandparents for my b-day). I put the first one together, looked great. Moved onto the second, was about to attach the last 'leg' and saw a rip in the material. Lovely waste of time. 

But each day, I'm reminded how blessed we are to have these two fabulous cuties in our lives, and it makes everything worth it. 
Regan came home with her report card this week. As I scanned it, searching for high marks ("3" is expected, "4" is exceeding expectations), I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few 4's. I praised her over and over for such good marks in reading, comprehension, math and art. I then moved onto the 3's....let's just say they all circled around being a bit too chatty or not having a desire to participate in gym class. 
Ah well, you can't win them all.
On the bright side, she is in the top 94th percentile for flexibility. 
Atta girl, that should count for something in physical education! 

Oh sweet Sidney. This girl lights up our lives over and over again. She's the first of the two to be picked up after work, and boy does she brighten my day. On a particularly rough work-day this week, we drove along to collect Regan, and as I do everyday, I asked Sidney "what was the best part of your day?". 
Her reply: "when you came to pick me up mommy". 
melt. my. heart. 
Now I know she didn't spend the day longing for me, or crying all afternoon waiting for me. She loves school, and her friends, and her teachers. This much I know. She's happy to be there, so don't be sad that she was waiting all day for me to come. Her usual answer is "playing with (fill in the blank of a friend)". This girl just has a sense of what to say and when to say it. 
Lately, she will climb up on my lap, or ask to be held and then say "I just needed some love". Oh little one, I did too. On the flip side, she's also been calling me "you old man"...
just keeping it real :) 

No comments: