Sunday, February 24, 2013

Winter wonderland


Today was one of those soak-it-up, loving-every-minute-of-it day. After a whirlwind of a super busy non-stop weekend, it was a beautiful afternoon to just love up life with our two cuties. 
The temps were perfect for a trek to the sledding hill. We assumed we'd be in good company but actually had plenty of room to enjoy the hill. 

Ryan is just a big kid at heart. He had just as much fun going down the hill as Regan does. In fact, he was a little bummed that the girls' little legs got tired after a short while and they were ready to pack it up. 

Someone has carved out a "jump"  in the hill. Regan went down several times but we were hesitant to let Sidney take a turn for fear she would take a big digger and end up a muddy mess. Finally, Ryan gave in and she was over-the-top excited! You can hear her holler up to him "see told ya" after a little giggle, referring to "see, I told you I wouldn't fall off!". 
She's such a hoot!

I later took Regan to the nearby outdoor ice rink. After some time on the ice, she put her boots back on and climbed around in the snow. I followed her around, eventually sat down in the snow and laid down pretending to sun-bathe. She giggled at me and when I opened my eyes, this was my view. 
breathtaking

No comments: