Saturday, February 16, 2013

Birthday fun

SEVEN!
yesterday was Regan's big day. She turned seven and I simply cannot believe my eyes. She's beautiful, fun, social and sweet. Oh don't get me wrong, we have plenty of drama out of that little girl! But we love her oh so much and were so excited for her big day. 
While she was busy at school (though took a break to have lunch with her family brought in from Subway), Sidney and I were at home baking her cake. 


This wasn't just any cake, we baked her a rainbow cake! 

With rainbow sprinkles decorated in the shape of a 7. 

 After school we picked her up and gave her a big surprise....we had bags packed and were headed to a hotel for the night. Regan is the typical child who adores swimming pools and hotels. What better way to spend a cold February evening!? We love that Maddi got to walk down the hallway of her hotel and spend some time with us too! 
The room was filled with ooohhs and aaahhhs when I cut into this masterpiece. And boy was it yummy! I myself was stunned. It worked!! I kinda thought it might turn into a brown mess, but nope, it worked! 

Back into the pool which we essentially had to ourselves for hours. Regan was in her glory and Sidney is showing us how her hard work at swimming lessons is paying off. We had a great time! 

Finally, finally, finally, Regan opened her presents from us! Too bad Sidney had told her about this earring holder mustache ahead of time :( The joys of 4 year olds picking out her own present for her big sister. 
Regan's excited to hit the malls with her new heelie shoes...I'm hopeful she doesn't smack her head figuring it out. She was most excited about her OWN iPod. (and secretly both Ryan and I are too....he cannot believe he went out and bought this item for his SEVEN year old; and I'm super happy to have mine back!). 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET REGAN!! 
We love you so very much! 
 Seven things I love about Regan:
1. How friendly she is. She makes a new friend wherever we go. Never a fear to talk to someone new.

2. Her love for children. She adores her sister and every other wee-one.

3. Her smarts. She just seems to 'get it' when she learns something new. Boy I hope this continues!

4. She is an amazing swimmer. She has a 'no fear' attitude in the water and tries so hard to accomplish new things.

5. She loves to read. And would prefer if you would listen to her read, and we do this so often. I love it!

6. Her snuggles. She asks me every night to lay with her and snuggle. Oh how I love this time of day.

7. She loves her family more than anything in the world! And her hugs prove it.

1 comment:

Roz said...

Liz--they are so sweet!