Sunday, March 01, 2015

Angelica scholarship concert

Regan is loving her time in Angelica Cantanti Youth Choir. This past weekend was the big ACYC Scholarship concert. As it turns out, this organization won't turn away any child due to inability to pay tuition. Last year, they gave out over $15,000 in scholarships. And to raise this amount of money, they hold a yearly scholarship concert (with a pricey ticket fee) and silent auction. We opted for just me to go to the concert, knowing I would have a greater appreciation than Ryan and that neither Sidney nor Lincoln would be very entertianed.
I was so excited to sit and take in 2 solid hours of some really amazing singing. The kids sing their hearts out and it truly is entertaining. I'm surprised that the little ones are just as fun to watch as the high school kids. Their faces and bodies just gleam with energy as the words flow from the hearts!

Regan made the front cover of the program and it just made me smile to see her shining in that picture (upper left). Sadly, photography and videos were not allowed in the concert hall, but I was able to secretly get some audio :) Shhhh. It's from my phone and pointed at the ground so don't expect to see anything, but click HERE and HERE (the lyrics of this one is my fav and got me teary) and HERE to listen (note: The MC was a professional actor/singer and is singing along at times which is the strong adult voice heard). The full choir clip is HERE and boy is it incredible. I simply cannot wait to hear them at the Ordway this spring! She feels pretty lucky to be a part of this choir and we are so proud of her for spreading her talented wings and taking a leap by joining this amazing group of singers.

No comments: