Saturday, March 21, 2015

When dad is away....

...the rest of us shall play!

Ryan had to take a week long trip to Atlanta for work last week. When I told my friend at work about his trip, she had this secret idea. And so we started making plans for a BIG surprise for the kids. The only people that knew were her, me and my mom (had to let her in on it because she was spending the week with us). My friend has an incredible service dog and she was going to trust us with him on a sleepover!!! 


Oh my, if I could have figured out how to capture the kids' faces when I walked in, you would have heard the loudest screams imaginable! Regan was on the couch and leaped off to greet us and then screamed for Sidney to come see. Oh boy was it the best scene ever. Lincoln quickly woke from his nap and all three of them raced around the house chasing Baylor as he got acquainted with his surroundings. 
Click HERE for a quick video as they went round and round in circles.

We spent the evening going for short walks outside (it was cold I'll tell you), playing catch in the back yard and eventually moved our play indoors. Baylor spent his evening following Lincoln around, catching fallen snacks and licking his fingers after dinner was done. If only he didn't shed so much, he would be our house keeper! I am so thankful that Angie trusted us to have her precious-most well behaved service dog for a sleepover. You can't ask for a more well-behaved dog!




Now why did this all happen when Ryan was out of town you ask? Well....if he was writing this post, you would get a whole different perspective. Let's just say he's not quite the dog-lover that the rest of us are :) His reaction when we sent him selfies with Baylor? Not blog appropriate. Good thing he had 4 days to get over it before we saw him in person! 

No comments: