Tuesday, January 28, 2014

3 months

Lincoln hit the 3 month mark today. It's a bittersweet moment, as it meant I headed back to work and he to daycare. He's did marvelous on his first day and was his happy-smiley self when I picked him up this afternoon. Technology has changed the way our daycare does things; and we now get updated via an app at each feeding, nap, diaper, play time, pictures and more! Unfortunately, he didn't sleep much at all today (there's a lot to acclimate to) and so he's pretty wiped out this evening. I don't mind the snoozing baby in my arms as I type though. 

So what is he up to at 3 months....

He's our A.M.A.Z.I.N.G baby. Simply put, he's easy. 
He eats like a champ, sleeps when he's tired, and just takes in the world around him. We "play" toys with him (aka: hold it in front of him to watch), and he adores anything with lights. Most often, the holder of the toy grows bored long before Lincoln does. He also enjoys being read to; we read the same 6 books over and over again and he is mesmerized by them. 

He has started laughing and this sound is heavenly! He's ticklish and will giggle and laugh with us for a long time. Sometimes Sidney gets carried away trying to tickle him and he gets upset....can't blame him. He loves to watch her, most often from afar, as she dances and runs and plays. 


As far as stats, nothing official this month. He's pushing 20 lbs and his length amazes us. He is one BIG baby! He's getting stronger so it's becoming easier to hold him (less flimsy head); although I commented today that it's strange to walk the halls of the hospital without 20 extra pounds in my arms. I feel so light! Carrying him in the car seat is quite the sight, I have to arch way back as we race from the car to the door in these frigid temps.
He wears 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. Bath time remains a favorite and it wont be long before I'll be wet from his splashing!
He fits right into our family and we adore him so very much.
We love you sweet baby Lincoln! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ: he is adorable. Can't wait to hold him again.