Monday, September 09, 2013

Sidney's 5th birthday eve

Our little girl went to bed tonight a 4 year old. 
And tomorrow she will wake up as a 5 year old. 
Boy is she excited. So much so that she squealed and jumped up from the top bunk and nearly had her head removed by the ceiling fan. 
Near miss. 

Tonight, I can't help but reminisce about the last 5 years. And how quickly they have passed. I asked her if she could stay little forever, and her response "I can't mom! I want a phone, so I have to grow up". 
Talk about priorities. 

Here is our sweet Sidney at about the 1/2 way mark during my pregnancy. 

And then she was born, looking "pissed off"...yes, I said those words to the doctor just after delivering her (might have been a little exhaustion by me). But she really did look upset, and that was the face she showed us for about 2-3 weeks.
She was a tough one, not wanting me to put her down, forcing me to hold her while she/we slept, for 5 months,and doing squats to keep her from screaming her head off. 
But when she slept in my arms, and the world was ok, she was just perfect :) 

She was apprehensive and a mama's girl; still a little bit of both. 

Growing up so sweet and so silly. Sidney is genuinely engaged in conversations, always with empathy. She can make you laugh and your heart melt. 

 She has an awesome personality, and it is simply lovely to soak in. Her desires to be like her big sister helped her get over many fears. She is imaginative and creative in her play, loving princesses and dolls. 

Her shear love of life and the expressions she shows us are priceless. 

We love her to pieces, our 'second born-initially oh so crabby-beautiful-tiny-(almost) 5 year old'. 
Happy Birthday eve sweet girl, but keep in mind, you are NOT getting a phone tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJSays: and no puppy for Christmas !!