Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A whole hand!

Sidney turned 5 on Tuesday, and she was so proud to be "a whole hand"! Oh how I want her to stay little, because she is the sweetest little thing around. But I'm embracing her as she grows up, and looking forward to what her future holds. 

Her eyes still look tired, but we told her once she got dressed for the day, she could open presents. And she sprang into action :) 

She had been eyeing the game table/chair for her American Girl Doll for several months and was over the moon excited to open up this gift. She and Regan grabbed their dolls and the playtime began, at 7am on a school day! 

All day long, I thought about that day, 5 years ago. At 11am, I looked at the clock, remembering it was at that moment that my water had broke (in my office nonetheless, just as a patient was exiting!). And then at 12:30, I text Ryan and reminded him it was at that moment that he had walked into the wrong "Liz's" room at the hospital....another one was trying to give birth about the same time. And then at 3pm, I smiled, remembering the exact second she was born.  

 For dinner, it was her choice. And of course, she picked Rainforest Cafe. Although it's a step up from Chuck E Cheese (we all know mama germ-freak here would like to avoid that place), Ryan and I still think Rainforest is a tad bit over-the-top with less than awesome food. But we suck it up and treat the girls to this place. 
And they ADORE this dessert....it was pretty yummy!

Regan grabbed a pink flower off of a pot on our way out of the mall and stuffed it in Sidney's braid telling her it was perfect. 
Awww, sometimes they can be so sweet together :) 
I think Sid had a great 5th birthday, and she's really milking it for all it's worth now "but mom, it's still my birthday week" as an excuse for everything.
She's a smart one, that sweet Sidney. 
We just can't believe how fast the last 5 years has gone. Sounds so cliche. But in the blink of an eye, she's A WHOLE HAND! 

No comments: