Thursday, September 01, 2011

Meet the teacher

We headed down the street tonight to meet Regan's kindergarten teacher. She bashfully entered the quiet classroom (ironically we were there at a time when no other kids were inside). She quietly looked around, hid behind my leg and looked at me to answer all the questions. Where did this scared, timid girl come from??! What happened to the one who has been thrilled about this new experience?!
You wouldn't know her fears by the look of this pose....
After checking out her class, we moved on to looking at the office, gym, lunchroom and the bathrooms. We headed down to another room and Regan lost it. She sat down on my lap, perched against the wall and produced a few tears. We had a heart to heart, talking about our feelings and being scared. I think she got it under control when I told her I was 5 1/2 when I started kindergarten (for whatever reason she liked to hear that). Ryan asked her if she wanted to go back to her room, and she amazingly said "yes". After we took a second look around, she started to warm up. She's still scared, but we're working on all the positive talk we can muster up. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Hudson and Paxton said...

Go Regs!!You can do it! You'll love kindergarten and meeting new friends! And everyone is going to be so proud of you!