Friday, September 30, 2011

A day with Sidney

Although I did spend a few hours with just Regan (volunteering at her classroom is a wonderful experience), the bulk of Fridays are spent with Sidney. And today, we took advantage of the gorgeous sunshine and headed out to see the fall colors. In between pointing out trees, we talked, played and just loved being together.
That is one gigantic leaf we stumbled across, the size of Sidney's face and a little hole for her eye.
The beauty in the colors is simply wonderful. Unfortunately, about 5 seconds into our journey today, I realized that Sidney likely is not experiencing the fall colors like the rest of us. I've mentioned before that we're pretty certain she is red/green color blind and when it comes to fall colors, it breaks my heart that she can't see the magnificence.
She really doesn't seem to mind, after all, she knows nothing different.
Stopping at the old style playground for some fun in the sun and playtime.
WEEEEEEE!!
And the afternoon was complete only after a little begging on the part of an adorable 3 year old who remembered eating ice cream at this park last time. She also happens to sense that this mommy loves ice cream....and I spotted 'mocha chip' which put me on a sugar high for hours!
Thanks for a great day Sidney! I love to spend Fridays with you!

No comments: