Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Kindergarten Eve

This morning I took our baby girl (um, I mean BIG girl) to kindergarten. It wasn't really her first day, just an hour orientation to mess up my work day and toss everyone off schedule. Fortunately, there was a LOT of good done for her. On our short drive to school, she anxiously sat in anticipation of going to a foreign school where she would know none of her soon to be classmates and this fact made her very very nervous. After checking in, I helped introduce her to another friend and the ice was broken; just like that. I spent the hour listening to the teacher/principal throw up information faster than my brain could process. Man alive do they have a lot to tell us and in such a positive manner. We are blessed to be in this school. Regan spent the hour coloring, climbing aboard a bus and playing. Not a bad first day. She made two friends in an hour. Success :) As we left, my no-longer-anxious 5 year old was full of life and spirit asking me to race to the car because "we're coming back tomorrow for the WHOLE day!". Someone is excited tonight.
I will reminisce about the little girl that has grown up so fast, in the blink of an eye.
I know I know; it wasn't her REAL first day of kindergarten but all the neighbors were taking "back to school" pictures so we wanted to get in on the fun too!
(looks a little nervous, doesn't she!)
The wee one of the bunch is going through this transition right along with us. She looked a lot like this photo below on her drive in to preschool this morning. Sad that she was alone in the car, without her big sissy to keep her company (or bug the living daylights out of her). Sidney is going to miss Regan tremendously, mostly the two days/week when they would spend the days at home playing, arguing, giggling and laughing.
I hear this is just the beginning, the next 13 years are said to go even faster. So we will take it all in, enjoy every second of everyday.
And be proud that she's ready to tackle the world of kindergarten and all it has to offer.
Love you to pieces Regan!

2 comments:

Hudson and Paxton said...

This makes me cry. As a parent, I hate growing up!

Anonymous said...

I"m sure you'll love kindergarten Regan and make alot of new friends. Ryan it looks like your lawn needs mowing, see you sunday