Tuesday, August 23, 2011

T minus 2 weeks

In two weeks from tonight, I might shed a tear. Scratch that. I'll probably be crying my eyes out. This sweet, brown eyed, sun-dyed blondie will be heading to Kindergarten! Hard to believe the time has come to send her off into the world of school. In all reality, I might not be crying, because truly, I am so very excited for her. My parents were always ones to help me embrace the next chapter in life rather than dwell on what has already passed.
I think I'll try that advice in two weeks.
Because she's ready for Kindergarten.
We've prepped her as best we can. Reading to her, practicing her writing, learning to work with others, learning to keep her emotions in check. This girl is ready to meet new friends and head into the world of Kindergarten.
So I'll follow her lead and embrace this chapter in her life. But you can believe this mama's going to bust out of work early to hear all about her day!

2 comments:

Hudson and Paxton said...

You'll be bawling like a baby! Remember when she got her first haircut....those baby hairs falling to the floor?? I remember! But I have to apologize, I made fun of you for crying, and I STILL get tears when Pax gets his haircut! Regan will do GREAT in Kindergarten!

Ryan, Liz Regan and Sidney said...

I remember that Ash! And I did great until SOMEONE...not mentioning names, kept commenting "look at all that baby hair being cut off her head". Thanks for that Ashley!!