Wednesday, October 25, 2017

MEA Break: Road Trip

Some years on MEA, we stay home. Other years, we climb into the car and drive. Last year we headed east, landing in Stillwater on an impromptu road trip. This year was a bit more planned out. In the grand scheme of road trips, it was pretty minor, but we still had a great time.


Ryan had to work and we were sandwiched between several activities (when activities cost a pretty penny, we find it difficult to skip practices), but we planned to head south this time to offer help to my mom who has done more than her share of work around our house lately. She recently painted my  popcorn ceilings!!....she's a saint I tell you :)


So I packed myself and the kiddos into the car, headed to Lincoln's swimming lessons, and then we were on our way! On the way down, we stopped at a small apple orchard/pumpkin patch to take in some activities. I had looked at the calendar earlier in the week and realized we had very few opportunities to take in an orchard this year, so we jumped on it that morning.





All the kiddos had a great time, bouncing from activity to activity. Sidney begged me to let them do UPick apples, something we haven't ever done. Turns out, it was my most favorite activity!! I loved searching all of the trees for the perfect apple. And that bag seemed never-ending as we stuffed it full of plump red apples!


After we got our fill from the orchard, we continued on and in another quick hour, we pulled into the driveway of my childhood home. We spent the next 24 hours racing around town, seeing the sights, enjoying the weather (minus the wind!) and visiting friends and family. I wished we had more time; sadly Regan was due in a catcher's clinic the next afternoon. We made the most of it and sure had a good time :) 


 We explored the exact spot that Ryan proposed oh so many years ago....Sidney even re-enacted for me :) 



No comments: