Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Bring your parent to school day

We've all heard the whole "Bring your kid to work day" (which by the way doesn't occur when you work in a hospital), but I was pleased as punch to experience the opposite this year when Regan's school hosted a "Bring your parent to school day"!! How fun is that!? 


Seriously, she was mortified when I signed up, and then begged me to leave at the first class. Which I totally would have done, but when it came down to it, and the first class ended, she was happy to have me there and allowed me to stay the remainder of my time :) 


It really helped put so much into perspective, in terms of understanding what middle school is all about. As we bopped from class to class, I got a quick handle on why she loves her reading teacher, and struggles with the social studies teacher. Their styles are polar opposites. And who wouldn't love someone who dances at the front of class, chants and cheers the boring rote memorization tasks and then at the end of class, has the students shout "tell someone you love them!!" as they prepare to exit the class. It was pure FUN! I loved it too :) 

And now when I help her with the nightly homework routine, I can use the teacher's style to my advantage.
Thanks for letting me tag along Regan!

No comments: