Sunday, October 22, 2017

MEA break and a big fall

I got an extended weekend to hang with the kiddos over MEA break and the weather surely cooperated with our plans. 
We spent day one checking out some fall colors at a nearby lake and they sure didn't disappoint! 
Regan sort of giggles at me these days, saying she can't really understand how I think all of those colors are so pretty....she claims "maybe if they were all red I would agree!" So I found a pretty awesome red one and had to snap their picture. 



The lake is about 2 miles around and we opted to bring along the hooverboards and Lincoln's strider bike for a little exercise. Sidney isn't nearly as comfortable on her board as Regan is. She gets nervous and her muscles work overtime to stay balanced. 


I could've stared at this scenery for hours, but my crew quickly got bored and insisted we keep moving along. So I snapped a mental picture, one that I hope sticks with me through the bitter winter cold that is coming far too quickly. 


Lincoln does amazingly well on this little strider bike of his. He can keep up with those girls with no problem and enjoys himself even more when he has a hill to descend! 


 Part way around the lake is a small waterfall, and the same stunning colors in the background. I perched myself on a ledge as the kids climbed trees and Lincoln tossed rocks into the water. I can't ever remember a previous fall with such amazing weather. 

Sadly, just as we departed the waterfall, Sidney, in her uneasiness on her hooverboard took a pretty hard fall. She screamed in agony and I honestly wasn't sure if she was scared, hurt or seriously injured. Turns out it was the former two causing her tears. She managed to scrape herself real good but thankfully nothing was broken. Lucky for me....I got to pick up that 30 lb hooverboard and carry it the remaining mile and a half around the lake as she promises never to step back on it again. 


No comments: