Friday, October 27, 2017

Lincoln turns 4-birthday eve

Well here we are, the last night with a 3 year old. How in the world can that be? Tomorrow we will wake up and he will be 4. It's surreal, because I still think of him as my toddler, or my baby (who am I kidding, he will always be my baby). But this baby of mine is getting bigger, growing older and I love him more everyday. 


I can't help but think back on this birthday eve of his, to 4 years ago. It was a Sunday, and I sat on the couch with Ryan and my parents...my big round belly serving as a table for Ryan's water. Man was that belly big (who would've thought there was a 9 1/2 lb baby in there!)! 

And following that night, we headed to the hospital where (thanks to some meds), our baby boy was born only 45 minutes after my water broke. He showed us his stubborn side 4 years ago, refusing to come out without a gentle nudge. I firmly believe he would still be in there if it weren't for the medication that jump started my labor! 

Oh how we love our soon-to-be 4 year old! This last go around the sun was pretty awesome for our sweet little boy. Looking forward to what 4 has in store!


No comments: