Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Firsts that are actually lasts

I read a blog post recently about children growing up. I get sentimental about that topic. Can bring tears to my eyes in a heartbeat. It read "this is just the beginning, the domino that starts a cycle of firsts that are actually lasts". As much as I love to watch my kiddos get older and see them grow up, it pains me to think that all of Lincoln's milestones, are actually the last. Soon we will celebrate the last four-year old birthday. We've already changed the last diaper. Eventually it will be the last first day of kindergarten. And the last first loose tooth. You get the pattern. Might as well pull my heart right out. I love this little boy with all of my heart and adore watching him grow. Simply can't believe he's nearly 4!

No comments: