Monday, May 29, 2017

Gymnastics meet 2017

Sidney is turning into quite the little gymnast. She practices her tumbling moves whenever she can and we always see her doing cartwheels and handstands around the house, in the back yard or in the random parking lot. Each spring, she is able to partake in a progressive meet with her gym and she works so darn hard to achieve the best score. 


I have a love / hate relationship with gymnastics. I love it in so many ways, but it certainly scares the dickens out of me for fear she's going to get hurt. Can't help it, I work in a rehabilitation hospital after all, it's my nature to worry! 


This little girl is strong. She does push-ups every night and I'm telling you, it's paying off! To see how far she has come these last couple of months just blows my mind. Her upper body strength is sure growing! 


In the end, she took home a first place, second place and third place finish in the events; putting her on the podium for 2nd place in the All-Around!
Way to go Sidney!

I think she was pretty proud of herself....just look at that smile! 


 Turns out, she missed first place by only .1!! 
Congrats Sidney! We are so proud of you! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ: Keep up the good work kiddo!!! Very proud of you.