Saturday, June 10, 2017

End of school year hoopla

Our elementary school likes to have some fun at the end of the year.
Go big or go home, as I like to say!
I do my very best to get to each and every one of the kids' party days plus award ceremonies, Olympic days and more. It's stressful given my work schedule and each year I swear that I'm taking off the last week of school, but in six years, I have yet to do so.

We started off with Olympic Day where both girls participated in various outdoor relay events. There were plenty of giggles and a lot of sweat! (did I mention it was hot that day?!).


As fifth graders, Regan got to be outside ALL day long. The first half was spent helping the little kindergartners, and the last half was for their own benefit. To be honest, I'm not sure which part Regan liked better :) She sure loved having those kiddos look up to her.


 Then it was on to Sidney's class party and picnic. Again we had a beautiful day and basked in more outdoor fun events. There happened to be a plethora of volunteers that day so I was fortunate enough to wander around and hang with Sidney for a few hours instead of getting assigned my own station. Best day!



Later that afternoon was the annual 5th graders versus the teachers kickball game. I adore a friendly competition, and the idea of playing kick ball thrills me even more! I wanted to jump into that game so badly but was happy watching the kids have so much fun even though they got crushed (as the 5th graders do each year).
I loved that Regan assumed the role of catcher just like she loves to in softball.


And then she scored a run right past her favorite elementary school principal (and ours too!).



From there was Regan's 5th grade award ceremony (more on that in another post of it's own) but I loved how silly she and her two good friends got sandwiching themselves into this portion of their new middle school auditorium. I wonder if they'll fit when they finish 8th grade?....I plan to take another picture :)

With my attention focused on the girls and their end of the year, I was so thankful for my mom to come pick up another day (or two!) of hanging with this little guy. He is in his glory when anyone brings tools and had no problem saying goodbye to me when Grandma showed up with her drill that he got to hold and even play with!


Finally, it was Regan's last day of elementary school (again, more on that later) and her over-the-top end of elementary school class party!! There were bouncy obstacles, pizza, yard games, Maui Waui's and more. Those room parents sure know how to throw a party!


I'm told that slide was super fast, and the laughs out of everyone's mouth at the exist sure proved they were having fun!

Despite the heat and humidity, once Regan got inside of those oversized inflatable, she never got back out. I think she may have played games from inside for close to an hour! My favorite game to watch was when the kids just ran into each other trying to knock one another over. It was like watching turtles laying on their backs :) So much fun!


I couldn't resist taking picture after picture of she and all of her friends. She may not have let me hoover too closely, but she always obliged when I asked to take pictures. Love those friends of hers.


I'm beyond grateful for all of the fun things that our elementary school does for these kids. Sure makes them longing to come back again next September. We miss them dearly over the summer but are always happy for summer vacation!

No comments: