Wednesday, October 29, 2014

12 months: Lincoln

Holy moly where did that year go!
Oh my was it a wonderful year. And I can only imagine the next to go by just as quickly, and prove just as fun.
On his birthday, I asked the family what has been the best part of this last year with Lincoln.
Sidney commented "meeting him for the first time", but also says she likes it when he "talks" in the car and at that moment, he seemed to say "yea" in response to one of my questions and made us all fall over laughing.
Regan promptly said "seeing his poopy diaper for the first time. I just didn't think so much could come out of such a little baby!".
We all agreed that seeing him for the first time was pure delight, along with hearing his first laughs and watching all of his other 'firsts'.


Tidbits that we just don't want to ever forget. At one year:
* Lincoln crosses his feet whenever able; sitting on the floor, sitting on our lap, nursing, relaxing in the bath tub, you name it, he crosses them.
* He sleeps with his arm under his back. At all times (provided he's on his back). He will shift his body around until that arm is just perfect, resting under his back.
* He learned to climb stairs and pull to a stand all within 1 day of his birthday. Let the fun begin.
* He smiles. A lot. And laughs too. Just one happy little boy. Little things make him do both, such as walking into a room, reciting his favorite book (even when the book isn't actually in front of us), telling him we can go outside, seeing his sisters after school, and watching trucks or buses drive past.
* His belly laughs are THE best sound there is.
* When he wakes up and I change his diaper, he will stretch those chubby legs as I tickle them from thigh to toes and he laughs a deep-belly-laugh. Every. Single. Time. And it never gets old! I will take the extra minute to do this just to hear him laugh.
* Words in his vocabulary include mama, dada and 'is (meaning sis). I love it when he hollers "DAAA" trying to get Ryan's attention. We can be outside swinging while Ryan is in the house, and he'll scream "DAAAA". He just wants us to all be together :)
* He's laid back, easy going. And as long as I am nearby, he's happy. Take him out of my arms or make me walk away, and he'll lose it. Ryan recently told someone a story, and it went like this: Ryan came home from work as I was busy in the kitchen, with Lincoln on my hip. Excited to see him, Ryan took him from me. Lincoln willingly went, gave him a hug, and then instantly cried to come back to my arms. Stinker. But the boy loves his mama!
* He loves loves loves to play. In the kitchen he gets into our tupperware and empties the entire cupboard in 30 seconds flat. In the living room he will play with books, toys and empty off the photo bookself quickly if we don't stop him. In the toy room he prefers to find the girls American Girl trinkets and shove them into his mouth. Baby-proofing needs to start----yesterday!
* He stands (safely) at the top of our stairs, holding onto the banisters and twerks. Yes, I said that. But that's because it's what it looks like! He bounces up and down, shakes forward and backward and screams in delight with himself.
* The boy can throw. Be it a ball, a small toy, his pacifier (if he's mad enough), or any other object he's holding. He throws and does it well. All with his left hand.
* Each morning, after I feed him, he lays his head on my shoulder to snuggle. Sometimes for a minute, other times for five. It forces me to hurry through the rest of my morning routine and often race out the door late but I just can't resist. He won't do this forever, so I'm soaking it up.
* He will still fall asleep in our arms. And to us, is pure joy! The night before his birthday, he was getting cranky at 6pm. I couldn't lay him down as both girls needed to get to activities in separate directions. I changed his diaper and scooped him up in my arms where he fell asleep in a matter of seconds. This is just pure joy. A sleeping baby in my arms.
* At nap and bedtime, he uses a pacifier and burp rag to fall asleep, often taking the burp rag to snuggle or cover his eyes with.
* He is wearing size 3 Pampers Cruisers, and into mostly 18 month (though still some 12 mo) clothes.
* Weight is roughly 25 lbs and height is roughly 30 (or 31) inches. Official stats coming Friday.

He is a joy in our lives!
Happy 12 months buddy!

No comments: