Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fall photo shoot 2014

Yesterday after school, I snatched the kids and whisked them away to one of our favorite settings for a fall photo shoot. The girls were still in their school clothes, but the colors were perfect and they were eager to explore the park. 
This was the very first picture that I took and I'm in love with each of their smiles :) 


We love this park for its gorgeous big trees, but the kids love it for the swings and playground. It's a win-win in my book :) 
This was Lincoln's first trip and I think he thoroughly enjoyed himself. I have a picture of him swinging and Regan looking back at him, and the expression on her face is of pure joy as she watched him giggle. 

I think I may have picked the most perfect puffer jacket for Lincoln, and then paired it nicely with the beautiful gold tones on the trees. It's like I somehow predicted their colors. 
Fall has always been one of my favorite seasons (though i dread what is coming so i just enjoy what we have today instead), because of the gorgeous colors and the adorable vests, sweatshirts and sweaters. But his adorable face makes this picture perfect. 

Regan is a climber. She's like a darn monkey these days, and like Ryan and I, always tries to find the highest possible spot. Yesterday, it was among the tree tops. Looking up at her, I just had to snap a quick picture with those trees in the background. I commented that it would be a scary place at night, on Halloween, with all those trees looking like they would come alive. Sidney squashed my story... "mom, trees don't come alive". 
You're right kiddo. 

Sadly, this is the only picture I have of Sidney alone. Right after this, she was running around and stumbled on a branch, only to catch herself with her hands landing on yet another branch, all hidden under the leaves. She sliced her hand pretty good and was a ball of tears, wailing because I didn't have a band-aide. Drama queen. Ahem....Poor kiddo....

These two are the best big sisters around. They couldn't love their little brother more if they tried. Honestly. And they don't want him to feel left out of anything. Regan's old and tall enough to do most things that I would normally do with him (ie: take him up the stairs and then down the slide), so I took the opportunity to snap up pictures instead. 

And once he got the hang of it and was able to go down himself, she stood at the bottom to catch him, and let me catch their smiles. 
I absolutely adore this annual outing, at the bottom of THIS LINK, are links to previous years. I'll have to do a recap of all the years in a separate post.

No comments: