Thursday, April 03, 2014

Honesty

I'm pretty good at feeling  the mommy guilt. Sometimes things are tough and other times I'm just tired. But in true reality fashion, here's an honest rundown of life in our house:

This morning I took the kids to a bakery for donuts. For breakfast. Pure sugar with chocolate glaze. Big ones. And they both ate every last bite.

I've been known to not change a onsie that might have been dribbled on by pee. Sorry Lincoln....but it will dry.

There are times when I crank up the music in an effort to drown out the nagging whines from the back seat. Doesn't usually work but it gives my ears a well needed break

Sometimes we will say "no" to the girls' request for dessert....but then I go ahead and sneak a cookie :) In all fairness, I have seen Ryan do this too!

I once forgot to bring Lincoln's carseat at pick up. Which meant he had to sit in Sidney's carseat and she in Regan's until we could get home. Oh but let's face it, he's big enough. Right?! Not exactly, but Sidney did reach across and help him stay upright as we drove. HUGE mama guilt on that one!

And lastly...

I've been known to hold my baby while quickly using the bathroom. Yes, I've had to do this with all 3 at one time or another.

So there you have it. It's not always roses around here. It's fun and full of life. As long as we're all healthy, happy, and safe, my prayers have been answered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ says: so have mine. My greatest blessings call me Grandma. Thank you for this. Love you all.