Friday, July 05, 2013

No Daycare-Part 2

 On their final day without daycare this week, the girls spent the day with Uncle Shane. It was initially a bit of a scary thought considering he has never babysat them and we were leaving for nearly a full day! I gave him two instructions before leaving the house: keep them alive, and keep them entertained! Boy did he have his work cut out for him with the entertainment part, and he did a great job documenting the entire day and giving me updates via pix/text, assuring me that he was, in fact, keeping them alive! 

Of course, I'm sure they had a great breakfast in front of the TV...here's hoping they didn't start the day with chocolate (though they both tattled later and told me just how much candy he fed them throughout the day!)

For the days leading up to his babysitting job, he told the girls they would be throwing pancakes in the street for the cars to drive over (not actually tossing them AT cars). And he did not disappoint! Even bought a box of frozen pancakes-which he told me later "flew like frisbees" into the street. 
That afternoon, Sidney told me all the pancakes were gone from the street, now stuck to the wheels of the cars. Great life lesson he taught them :) 

I'm pretty sure he loved the play time with American Girl dolls.....

And what day isn't complete without a Cadillac ride?, all the way up to Subway for lunch! Thanks Uncle Shane for keeping them alive and entertained. The girls have some great memories of their day with you :) 

No comments: