Saturday, September 08, 2012

FOUR!!

Well, she's not quite four yet, but today was Sidney's birthday party. She picked out the theme herself, and as you can tell, she was pretty excited about Strawberry Shortcake!
And who knew there was a helium shortage?! Only 6 balloons were allowed. huh. Made for some great conversation later and quick research on Maddi's "space phone" as Zevlen calls it.
 We didn't actually do any swimming, it was a wee bit windy and the girls didn't even ask to go in. I think they were both too excited. 

My best friend Kari came through with THE MOST ADORABLE Strawberry Shortcake cake! And might we all add that it was delicious!! Sidney was giddy for this cake. She couldn't take her eyes off it and climbed right up on the table to get a closer look.


 After some discussion about Sidney's American Girl doll's dreadful hair, Vicky took matters into her own hands and in about 10 minutes, whipped up this creation. WOW! No need for a trip to the AG Salon now, we have Vicky!
 Let's just say she got a few presents.


 Grandma Jan made her a new quilt....and knows that because it doesn't match the current room color, it means she'll be doing some painting too :) 



 Both girls made a haul on American Girl stuff thanks to Grandma Sheri. Yes, even Regan got presents today. 

I made another slideshow DVD. 
my mom cried. 
To her credit, when I watched it the first time, so did I! And then I complimented myself that if I could make it and still cry, I have done well :)

 We sang "Happy Birthday" to one very excited 4 year old and one very proud big sister (with candles decorating a second cake from the talented Miss Kari!).
 And what's a birthday celebration without a family picture. 
 Happy Birthday Party Day sweet Sidney! 
Now give me just one more day to soak you in as a 3 year old, and I promise not to cry when I wake up and you turn FOUR!
Thanks to everyone for coming to help celebrate Sidney's 4th Birthday!
We love you!

1 comment:

Hudson and Paxton said...

Happy Birthday Sid! Sorry we couldn't make it! We sure missed you!!!! Looks like you had a great time and got lots of great presents! Love from me, Hudsy, Packy, Harlow, and Jamie. P.S. Liz- I LOVE the quilt your mom made!!!!!! I might have to get her to make Harlow one! Love the colors, its beautiful!