Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Back to school

It's that time of year again, today we headed back to school! Regan started the first grade and Sidney started Pre-K. They were both a little nervous the nights leading up to today. Thankfully they both slept amazingly well, woke up happy and we even had time to play a game of Old Maid (their favorite card game) before heading out for pictures. Unfortunately, Sid was being a stinker and wouldn't partake in any picture taking this morning. I didn't argue, as I tried to keep her in a good mood. 

Regan was up first for drop off. First grade here we come!
 Mom and Regan
 Dad and Regan
 First grade friends
 Getting acquainted with her desk. When I picked her up at the bell this afternoon and asked about her day, the first thing she wanted to tell me about was how she organized her desk. She went on and on about where she put the crayons, erasers and scissors in the box, the folders, and notebooks and other supplies in her desk. Someone follows in her mama's organizational style :)  
Not only would Sidney  not let me take her picture at home, but she wouldn't let me take pictures at school either :( Oh, and she picked out her own shoes today....pink with sparkles of course. 
She's a girl that knows what she wants! 
Little did she realize that I brought along my phone and snapped a few as she entered her class, elated to see 10 of her friends were joining her in the new PreK classroom! 
I picked up the girls early from school, as tradition, and both of them complained that I came too early! I guess that's a great sign on how their day went. Here's to a great year! 

1 comment:

Hudson and Paxton said...

I can't believe Regan is a 1st grader! Geez Liz, you must be old ;) I hope their first days went great!