Friday, August 17, 2012

We have a rider!

Regan had a playdate yesterday, and as Ryan went to drop off her tiny friend, Regan saw her friend pick up her bike (without training wheels) and whiz around the driveway. It was enough motivation for Regan to come home and beg Ryan to remove her training wheels. With much encouragement (as it was approaching 8pm), he obliged and the end result.......click HERE!!! It's official, we have a rider! I got quite the workout running up and down the block beside her, but it brought her confidence so I did it; oh the things we do for our children! These cooler temps have pulled us out of the pool so it was the perfect opportunity to practice, and today brought even more riding time. We're still working on braking, at this point she does a legs out straight and jump to the grass while screaming type of stop. 
I think my parents/brother remember that from me and my purple klunker too! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the "purple klunker",forgot. Memories !! Brings tears to our eyes. From GJ