Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Regan dearest

Each night I lay the girls down for bed. It's a family event but I'm always the last to leave each girls' bedroom. As she gets older, I know my days are numbered for Regan to ask me nightly "will you lay with me?". So most of the time, I oblige. And lately, it's been more of a sense of "I have mom all to myself and I'm going to talk her ear off".
And so we chat.
and chat
and chat
Tonight she told me for the second time, all about her day making banana splits (note to self: I need to make more stops at her summer program!). She commented at one point in her story, having just tried one of these at DQ "mom, they are exactly like the ones at Dairy Queen. Only different".
Yes dear, I'm sure they were exactly the same then!
After she was finished, she asked me to tell her all about the things I do at the hospital. I started telling her about various aspects of my work and then, when I got to the part about "some people have to stay in the hospital for a week, or even a month!", she replied about as clearly as my patients "I would NEVER want to be stuck in a hospital for a MONTH!".
No dear, no one does. Thanks for telling it like it is Regan.
Love you love you!

No comments: