Wednesday, August 01, 2012

All grown up

Yesterday, Regan grabbed a sheet of paper and excitedly said "Mom!, I have to write a note to the fairies!, I need a diary!!" (more about the fairies later). She went on to tell me what a diary might look like, what it might have (ie lock and key) and what she might write in it. Then I asked her a question that I was afraid to hear her answer: "Regan, who can read your dairy?". I quickly prayed in my head that I'd be allowed inside....
Relief spilled over me when she said only a mommy and herself! 
I can't imagine, at age 6, what she will write, but I'm happy that she is still willing to share those thoughts with me. 
So tonight, the fairies delivered her diary and left a wonderful note as well. 
Oh yea, and those fairies....thanks to a sleepover a few months back, Regan has been writing to the fairies on occasion and asking for varies items. Usually it's a note that says "please leave me a present", to which the fairies oblige and will often leave a little home-made bead bracelet or a small piece of candy. I'm waiting for the day where she asks the fairies for a super big present....good thing that fairies are small, they just can't carry anything too heavy!

No comments: