Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Firsts

Today was a day of firsts. For the first time, we visited a local art shop 
 where the girls created their own masterpieces. Might I add that Regan is the perfect age for this, not to mention has a complete love for art. She was over the moon when she was allowed to pick out any piece to paint and then had paint and brushes surrounding her while she worked. I loved watching her determination (while trying to make sure Sidney wasn't spilling permanent paint on herself because she refused to wear a smock). 
For the first time, Regan participated in a talent show. click HERE or HERE to watch her group performances. Clearly she has absolutely no problems with being on stage in front of a group. Regan isn't our shy child, she'll try pretty much anything and being center of attention on stage is high up on her "love it" list. No stage fright for her!

And finally, for the first time, we visited a beach in Minnesota! I can't say it's their first beach experience entirely, but it's their first MN beach experience. The water was crystal clear! 

I thought Regan would be a little nervous once she swam out to the swim docks and noticed the fish in the water. There was a point where she hollered back "I don't want to hit a fish!". All I had to say was "they're more scared of you" and she hopped into the water and swam back! I thought for sure I'd be dragging her into the water kicking and screaming. 

Sidney was only slightly troubled by sitting in the sand but quickly got over it. I know the days have been successful when each experience this week has gotten a "can we do that again tomorrow?!" from them!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regan you're still amazing at the hula hoop!