Monday, May 30, 2011

Opening day 2011

This afternoon, after the outdoor temps climbed 20 degrees over yesterday, I officially decided the pool is O-P-E-N! It hit 88F and I just couldn't take it any longer. All the neighbors were swimming (well, they all have heated pools and that makes such a difference), but this little cutie didn't care that the pool was only 66 degrees. She swam her heart out for a couple of hours. Pulled out every toy she could including noodles, life jackets, water wings, water bars and of course, the slide!
Sidney, on the other hand, agreed that the water was too chilly so she opted to go down the slide and immediately be pulled out only to try it again and again and again.
Poor Ryan had yard work to do that kept him busy while we relaxed in the pool. I guess there is an upside to being the one who is responsible for cleaning toilets and bathrooms: I can do it on my time!
I'll have to do a side by side from last year's shot like this.
I wouldn't exactly say that I went "swimming" today; I more went "rafting". But I loved every second of it!

No comments: