Saturday, December 18, 2010

Macy's Holiday Display

A yearly tradition for us is to bring the girls to the Macy's 8th floor holiday display downtown. Every year, the girls get to wear a pretty outfit and get dolled up for the event and this year was no different. Sidney in her ruffled pink dress and Regan in her floral ensemble, both clutching purses, looked like princesses as we marched up to the display. Of course, as it has been this winter, Sidney didn't let go of me for one second and clung to me for dear life. I tried to get a picture of just the two of them but Sidney wasn't having it; and I wasn't interested in a picture with a wail out of her. So you get this instead:
Regan just loves this display (it hasn't changed for quite a few years now). Last year, she asked to go see it without any prompting; this year, it didn't look familiar to her until we got off the elevator and then it was as if a light bulb had gone off in her head when she announced "oh yea, now I remember!".
She posed for every picture I took, and put her chin on her shoulder without a toothy smile. And I'm not sure why?, she has a gorgeous set of baby teeth!
This trip is not complete until Regan writes her letter to Santa; this year so simply asked how to spell her toy of choice and finished off with her signature. My heart melts every year as I watch her write her letter and then drop it in Santa's mail box. This year she was quite concerned about how Santa would know what Sidney would want!! Sidney had no interest in waiting for Regan to finish her letter and she/dad took off running around the gift store.
The girls also get to pick out a special (extremely over priced!) treat at the end of our trip downtown. The choice this year was a Mrs Claus frosted cookie for $4 and some change. Must have tasted great because they gobbled it up.
Finally, out of sight of any strange looking Elf, Santa or moving character, I succeeded in snapping a picture!

No comments: