Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The great outdoors

It was finally a nice winter day and we went outside this afternoon to enjoy the fresh air. Being stuck indoors all winter can be draining for all of us I'm quickly learning. Sidney had a good time (that doesn't always happen!) but between gloves falling off, a few (unintentional) snow washes from her big sister and just being cold in general, our time outside was short lived.
As I was tending to a fallen glove, Regan was calling for me. She was stuck. And was not happy that I grabbed my camera before freeing her from stuck-ness.
Her crabbiness ended rather quickly and she jumped into making snow angels.
As we walked back into the house, Regan mentioned all the things we don't have to wear in the summer: "hats, jackets, scarves, mittens, snow pants, boots", and then stated "or socks"!
My girls despise socks.
We're doing well at enjoying winter, but dear summer, we miss you!

2 comments:

Kari Wendinger said...

Great pictures! I love the one of Regan stuck in the snow bank. Natalie would agree about the socks. She cannot stand having socks and shoes on. She takes off the socks with the boots the second we walk in the door.

Roz said...

Hi Liz - all three of my kids have "lbow" mittens/gloves. You can find a good price on them new at the Once Upon a Child in Shakopee - I don't know if all stores carry them. Or they are online and at sporting good stores like Scheel's, Dick's Sporting Goods, etc. The girls can wear them either under or over their coat. They don't come off and keep their little wrists free from ice and snow! :)