Thursday, December 05, 2019

Skate at the X

Lincoln’s hockey association had a pretty incredible opportunity last week, to skate at the Xcel. I’m not sure who was more excited, him or Ryan (who am I kidding...it was definitely Ryan). The girls were given the choice to skip dance and join in and they jumped at the chance. 


We didn’t spot any professional players, but it was a great experience to be on the ice. Look at that smile! 


Since I didn’t have a helmet, I wasn’t allowed on the ice so I found myself playing photographer and checking out everything behind the scenes. 
Love this saying by Herb Brooks, but even more, I love all the tiny indentations where it was obvious the Wild players tapped it with their sticks every time they walked through the tunnel. 

Check out our little hockey player. 
SCORE! 
and then he promptly falls down. Ha! 



The famous wood door where all of the sports reporters interview players. 


A fun evening for all, but especially these two! 


No comments: